Monday 8 October 2012

Pre- iPad English lessons.

So after lots of research and playing around I am starting a short unit of work using the iPads as a basis for generating story telling. I will be using the app 'Machinarium' by Amanita design. I wanted to find ways of engaging a very boy-heavy and Maths able class in quality writing. I also was determined to use the iPads, new tools for us this year. Having used Myst in the past, I felt that gaming through digital literacy was an interesting and exciting way to go. I read blogs on sites, these two particularly I found helpful - Bill Boyd and Mr.Andrews and devised a few lessons based around this reading and my own knowledge of my class and their capabilities.

Tomorrow we begin, I will be explaining the process, and we will start slowly, looking at the 'front cover' of the game, using Skitch for note taking on the setting, and beginning the process of character development. We will use paper and pens alongside stylus and tapping; we will, I hope merge the old and the new.

We will see!



No comments:

Post a Comment