Friday 12 October 2012

Character work

Today we moved onto introducing the main character of the story. The children had a visual of the robot from Tuesday's work and had some descriptive language in a mind map. We looked at techniques for character description such as direct description, through dialogue, through thoughts and using imagery.
The children were all keen to be 'blogged' but particularly want me to continue with Paddy's story, so I have got Paddy's and three new children's work. We all hope you enjoy what you read!




'How did I get into this mess? How did I even get here? I've not become smaller than a child. I've got some pale, white, enormous eyes. I wish I had my normal human eyes again. Bzzzt. Why on earth Bzzzt am I Bzzzt making Bzzzt weird noises. Wow! I've got a microwave for a body. At least I won't be hungry anymore; and it says X-12. Maybe there's even other robots like B-7 and F-10, woah!'

Paddy




"I know I'm a rusty old can, but I still have feelings." Robe moaned to his friends. Robe wandered away with his head down and a rattle and bang, as his noisy, rusty feet walked slowly away. 
"I wish I was not a rusty, tin can but a shiny can with silver lines on my tummy," he said to himself. As Robe was walking he did not see the old tumble dryer on the floor and he tripped over it.
"BANG!" went his metal feet and arms on the ground as he fell.

Erin M

As cold as ice I sat on the grave yard; I was shimmering with frost.
 I shouted in rage, "Help!" but no one answered. There were hardly any trees or no oxygen, my heart beat was slowly beating three seconds at a time. I drifted over the rubbish as I thought I was going to die. I was old, rusty, metal and hard but I had to survive.

Jack

Dear Diary,
I was gazing up at the stars, until suddenly I saw a huge explosion on the ground... It was an explosion filled with metal objects. I was being transformed into a robot, with a rusty golden body as if a huge pile of mango juice was being poured all over me.

Nimmy


1 comment:

  1. More fab writing! I like 'shimmering with frost'
    Keep it up, Ms A's class!

    ReplyDelete