Sunday 23 June 2013

Not really a blogger

I haven't written on here for months, I am certainly not a blogger! I wish I had the skill, creativity and imagination to update it a couple of times a week! Or is it time I don't have? I don't think that's the case because I read blogs by people at least as busy as me! I just need to get organised!

So I won't bore you with a five month catch up but just talk about my most recent excitement! Having got myself a spot on a leadership course for the next academic year I was thrilled to meet a twitter heroine of mine @shelibb and know we will be crossing paths frequently, so I can steal lots of fab ideas!

I went to a book launch of a friend of mine, Susan Wild, who has written a wonderful book about her grandfather Alderman Sam Peel, who was an innovator in education, the welfare system and council housing in Norfolk for many years. If you're interested the book is called 'Sam Peel - a man who did different.' http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/susan+wild/sam+peel2c+a+man+who+did+different/9782976/

On Saturday I went to a beautiful school called Bluebell primary in Norwich for my first ever Teachmeet #tmeast. What a wonderful day! The best cpd I have had in ages. I met lots of wonderful people and even had a go myself, not great but ok for a first timer!!

http://youtu.be/PKT6OATMDtI here is a link to the first half of the presentations, mine is the very last one at about 35 mins!

I was so impressed with the organisation and generosity of the teachers who set this up for teachers, and the sponsors for providing the treats! Can't wait for next year!

After a chilled out day, I am ready for next week, including a two day E2BN conference, where I will be undoubtedly inspired some more! Certainly not getting up in front of anyone there!! I will be teaching my class at some point! Good job they are off and about at taster days etc!!

So here we are, I will try harder, I will try to blog more about my learning as a leader and as a teacher, changes in my role, yet to begin and the exciting challenges I have coming my way!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment