Sunday 24 February 2013

Half term haste

Can't believe it is the end of half term. Why do half terms for teachers involve catching up on dentist appointments, spring cleaning, the inevitable planning? Normal life catches up on us, all my sills are dusted, all my ceiling corners are de-webbed! I have a new list as long as my arm for things to do in school in this next short half term! Red nose day, World Book Day, World Education Games days, class residential trip, assessments, reports, parents' evening, class assembly (which obviously I've decided to do in the church and invite parishioners to!). It's all part of our busy lives at school and the children have at least this much to do, many have half a dozen sporting fixtures as well!

Sometimes I just have to force myself to sit and think and enjoy the busyness of my life. I am lucky, I have great kids, I teach great kids and I work with some great people. I have the dream job. Is there anything better than being a teacher? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment