Sunday 2 September 2012

Only one more day ...

Sad isn't it, that us teachers get so depressed about going back to school when we've had six weeks off. I actually do love my job, and always look forward to getting my teeth into something new each year, but I never manage to get all those pesky jobs done that I plan to at the end of July!

This term I am planning to put my new-found, or maybe newly invigorated knowledge of coaching (after my NCSL course) into practise. I do want to use it to support others I work with, but I particularly want to use it with my class. I have a strong, bright bunch of 10-11 year olds coming to me this year, and I want to challenge them and myself in different ways. We will plan together, talk through our next steps, our weekly, monthly and termly aims as a class and as individuals. We will blog on our Edmodo page, and tweet in class about how we are getting on, become more reflective as learners - all of us. I am stealing the tweet idea from this fantastic lady, she has some brilliant ideas!
 Mrs White's 5th grade class


I am getting myself ready for school, PE kit bags filling up, shoes polished, blouses ironed. It still feels like I need another week, please?!




No comments:

Post a Comment